Trained Final Response -- Foundations & Troubleshooting
Time & Location
About The Event
Description / Time will be split between lectures, group work and field work.
Ideal for those who either are beginning to teach or are having problems with their trained final response. No matter the odor, there are fundamental components to teaching and troubleshooting the TFR. Focus is on training the trainer, meeting the team at its level and providing a challenging and safe learning environment.
• Breakdown of the components of teaching the trained final response and how to measure proficiency
- Techniques for increasing K9 confidence to solve odor/scent problems
- Discussion of learning processes
- Development of a plan to reinforce desired behavior chains (and how to break undesired behavior chains)
- Discrimination and Stimulus control – ignoring distractions
- Proper generalization and troubleshooting of the Trained Final Response (TFR)
- Breaking down training exercise construction to achieve desired training goals
Students will leave with concrete training plans to solidify their TFR. This is the newest version of the course taught several years ago.
Class size is limited. Enrollment is contingent upon payment received in full. Any unpaid working slots can be filled on a first paid first serve basis.
Instructors / Robin Greubel and guest instructor
Type Of Class / Facilitated training and learning (16 hours of instruction)
Cost / $300 per working team/$150 Audit
Limit of 12 working teams
Lunch on Saturday/Sunday
- Feb 2019 TFR - Working$300$3000$0
- Feb 2019 TFR - Audit$150$1500$0