Alabama Disaster Dog Seminar
Time & Location
About The Event
Class Description / This focus of the two days is to advance K9 team’s skills through innovative exercises to increase reliability and effectiveness in the disaster setting. Time will be spent mostly in the field working to combine the various components of the Fundamental Skills Assessment (FSA) to create fluency in behavior. Focus is on training the trainer, meeting the team at its level and providing a challenging and safe learning environment. Both HRD and Live find teams are welcome.
Participant recommended skill set: This course is suitable for those who have moderate to advanced skill level but are working through challenges.
• Techniques for increasing K9 confidence to solve odor/scent problems in a technical rubble environment
• Combining elements to strengthen the skills, abilities and knowledge of the K9 and the trainer
• Trouble shooting based on participant needs
• Discussion of learning processes
• Development of a plan to reinforce desired behavior chains (and how to break undesired behavior chains)
• Proper generalization and troubleshooting of the Trained Final Response (TFR)
Instructors / Robin Greubel and Janey Fuller
Type / Facilitated field work and instruction
Cost / $350 per working team/$150 Audit
Limit of 12 working teams